- Reiki (ray-kee)
Universal Life Energy
Reiki was of great assistance to me in helping me to work through a lot of my healing process and re-integrate "normal" things into my life. In fact, I'm not sure I could have done all the work for this site without it's help.
- My most profound appreciation goes out to my friend and Reiki Master/Teacher Roland, and my SKHM instructor Marie- as well as my classmates -and all the others who helped me to understand and accept this concept into my life (and YES, I do realize just how very many people it took, and who you all are. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart).
What is Reiki?
- Reiki is not a religious practice, though it is often a spiritual experience. It is also usually a life-changing experience as well. Reiki is a form of energetic healing that can produce profound results. The more exposure one has to it's practice, the more it effects someone.
It is an ancient healing tradition that has roots in Tibet and Japan. One way to think of it is that it is similar to the old healing method known as "Laying-On-Of-Hands" that was used by Jesus and Buddha.
One basic theory about how Reiki works goes like this:
- We are all made up of certain components, many of which are electrical in nature. The heart uses a form of electricity to pump blood, and most of our nerves and muscles receive some sort of electrical impulse to tell them what to do. This is surrounded by our physical body, which is our skin and bones.
Around this physical body is another body- the Aura, or Ethereal body. It is like our shell. This Ethereal Body is made up of several layers (like an onion), but is basically composed of electricity- the Bio-Electric Field, as some would say. When you rub your feet along a carpet and produce static, you are using your Bio-Electric Field to produce it.
- When we are injured physically or hurt emotionally, the Ethereal body is the first body effected.
Injury, even emotional injury, causes small tears or holes in the aura, which allows dis-ease to come in. This "disease" can come in many forms. Often there is a physical effect, even when we have only an emotional hurt. These show up as an energetic blockage in our electrical field. Sometimes physical symptoms may occur, such as unexplained cramping, heaviness in the abdomen or on the shoulders, or an oddball twitching in the muscles.
Removing these blockages can reduce illness and remove old emotional garbage that is stagnant within us. This can be done in many ways. The one I chose is Reiki, which uses what is known as Universal Life Energy to remove these blockages, strengthen the Aura, even out a person's electrical field, and many other things that help to induce a healthy physical and emotional state.
Reiki can also be sent to the past or future to help resolve old conflicts and assist in how we manage problems when they arise. It can even be sent from a distance, so people who have never met you can still send you Reiki healing!
- The Reiki Principles are a sort of "Rules To Live By" that Reiki practioners are expected to follow. They stress Unconditional Love and Universal Love, which was something I needed to believe in to move on with my life.
1. Just for today, I will let go of anger
- 2. Just for today, I will let go of worry
- 3. Today I will count my many blessings
- 4. Today, I will do my work honestly
- 5. Today, I will be kind to every living creature
For more information on Reiki and how it can help assist with healing, see these Reiki pages:
- The Reiki.Org Home Page
- Reiki Lessons at CyberWitch
- A Shaman's Touch
- Spiritual Counseling and Healing
- Distant Healing Network Home Page
- Other Resources about Energetic Healing:
- Kofutu Personal Growth & Spiritual Healing
- Soul.cc Healing Page
- Reiki One - Information Center
For more information on SKHM, see this history by the founder.
Or one of these books:
- Reiki Bibliography
- Reiki Healing Requests may be made from The Healing Request Page. All requests made to this page will be sent directly to me by email. These requests may be made private by noting "Private" on the request form, in the "Request Healing For..." block.
- As a Reiki and Seichem Master and ordained minister, I will be sending Reiki to these "Private" requests myself. Your anonymous requests will be honored.
- Other requests will be forwarded to Distant Healing Network, since the Network has more resources for treatment than I can possibly cover on my own. One of the DHN healers will contact you to acknowledge the request. I am a volunteer healer with both DHN and Soul.cc network. I also do Healing circles with friends. Email requests are welcome. All DHN treatment requests are free of charge.
The "Reiki" email list is designed for discussion among Reiki practioners. For more info on subscribing, guidelines, and treatment requests for Friday Reiki Circles, see:
Reiki Mailing List web site.
The SeichemReiki mailing list is here - a bunch of friendly Reiki and Seichem folks who love to talk about their work- including the founder of SKHM, Patrick Ziegler.
Lyn Nickel owns a list for Reiki and other energy-based healing methods, called BeyondReiki. This is an INVITATION ONLY discussion list, but if you ask nicely, I'm sure Lyn will let you in:)
- Back to Peer Journal Exercises page
- Back to Special Resources Index
- Back to Main Index of this Site
- © Copyright Indigo 1998